It's picnic season! Struggling with some ideas on what you should bring?
If you are planning to catch up with friends or family at your local park over the coming weeks, give some consideration to the contents of your picnic hamper to keep it in line with your nutrition goals.
Some suggestions that night give you inspiration:
- Zucchini slice baked with fresh herbs, thyme or basil
- Smoked salmon bagels with cream cheese & capers
- Wraps or sandwiches filled with lean roast beef and salad, chicken & avocado or falafel, tabouli and hummus
- Savoury muffins
- Fresh vegetable dips and colourful veggie sticks
- Spicy lean minced beef or turkey balls with tzatziki (yoghurt) dressing
- Rice paper rolls with shredded chicken, avocado, purple carrot, capsicum and thin spread of coriander or basil pest
- Fruit skewers ~ cantaloupe, rock melon, watermelon and strawberries
- Oat & fruit muffins or good old banana bread
And for refreshments!
- Sparkling mineral water with mint and cucumber
- Iced tea (without added sugar)