Performance Lifestyle assists athletes to live out the VIS motto: Success in Sport and Life. The VIS Performance Lifestyle team deliver an innovative and proactive program that empowers VIS athletes to strive for success in the high performance sport environment within a holistic framework. Supporting the wellbeing of the athlete and facilitating their personal and dual career growth for both now and through the myriad of transition points during their sporting career and beyond.
How Performance Lifestyle helps our athletes
The VIS Performance Lifestyle Team provide the following services across all VIS Sports:
- Support to pursue a dual career via career guidance and education advice. Partnering with Schools and the Elite Athlete Education network (Universities and TAFE) to enable athletes to pursue their career and educational goals alongside their sporting goals.
- Personal and Professional development opportunities via individual athlete consults and athlete development workshops to facilitate the development of life skills and life plans
- Athlete Wellbeing support and education. Facilitating access to AIS Referral Networks – Mental Health Referral Network & Career Practitioner Referral Network
- Transition support and guidance for the various points of transition along an athlete’s journey in both sport and life. From Induction to progression along the HP pathway and then continuing transition support beyond the athlete’s sporting career
- Career and education opportunities via our partnerships with Open Universities Australia, FIA FITnation and William Angliss Institute
- Performance Lifestyle support and education for VIS coaches and VIS staff
- Performance Lifestyle education sessions for families of VIS athletes
The Performance Lifestyle Program tailors specific programs to reflect the individual needs and aspirations of athletes thus allowing for individual growth and development.
Recent Performance Lifestyle News
Athlete for Good grant recipient Rhydian Cowley on his journey in environmental sustainability and his work with Bush Heritage AustraliaOctober 20, 2023
Dual Olympian and Victorian Institute of Sport athlete Rhydian Cowley has been selected for the P&G Athlete for Good Program, receiving $24,000 USD for his chosen charity Bush Heritage Australia.
'Mental health can make or break an athlete' - Building mental resilience with Laetisha ScanlanOctober 3, 2023
With October being Mental Health Month and October 10 being the United Nation’s World Mental Health Day, the Victorian Institute of Sport looks at what it takes to succeed in sport and life.
VIS Open Day Wrap UpSeptember 21, 2023
Over 1000 people poured through the doors of the Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) at Lakeside Stadium on September 20, marking a successful return for the institute's first open day in over four years.
VIS is 'Here to Hear' this RU OK? Day, and everydaySeptember 14, 2023
The 2023 theme for RU OK? Day is ‘I’m here to hear’, which serves as an opportunity for all of us to be active listeners and offer genuine support to those around us. The VIS, as an organisation, is here to hear for staff and athletes, every day, not just on R U OK? Day.
VIS Open Day returnsAugust 9, 2023
The VIS Open Day is back in 2023 with the opportunity to meet Olympians, Paralympians and World Champion athletes, learn from high performance sport experts and experience the inner workings of a high performance sport facility.
More Performance Lifestyle news