Continuing the athletic journey of “Success in Sport and Life”, the VIS Alumni will aim to engage our former athlete and staff community. To connect, to support each other, and to pay it forward - guided by our VIS values of Excellence, Courage, Community, Simplicity, Success and Passion.
Are you a former VIS Athlete or Staff Member? Click here to register your interest in our new VIS Alumni program.
Why a VIS Alumni:
The VIS has been enabling talented Victorian athletes to excel in sport and life since its inception in 1990.
Our 30 Year Anniversary is a fitting time to create an opportunity for our rich and diverse athlete community to connect – in sport and in life. The VIS Alumni will aim to actively preserve, promote and celebrate the rich heritage and legacy of VIS athletes, in Victoria, Australia and on the world stage.
Current and former athlete workshops in through 2019 demonstrated strong passion for the VIS and energy for continued involvement in the VIS family.
Why join the VIS Alumni?
- Connect - staying engaged in this special sporting community via social media groups and events
- Pay it forward – mentoring, networking, employment support for current athletes and fellow Alumni
- Transition support – for athletes as they enter sporting retirement and become VIS Alumni
I’ve signed up - what’s next?
- The Alumni registration process allows us to build a database of VIS Alumni and capture the areas of most interest to our former athletes.
- The VIS Alumni aims to be member led – facilitating an opportunity for former athletes to determine areas of interest and value to them. We aim to develop a small number of activities and do them well.
- A formal VIS Alumni launch will occur later in 2021.
Who can register to join the VIS Alumni program?
All retired athletes who have been a VIS Scholarship recipient since it’s inception in 1990, as well as the staff that have been apart of the journey.
What will you do with my personal registration information?
Please note that contact information will remain confidential and will be used by the Institute to communicate general Alumni and VIS information. This could include information about networking, athlete mentoring, transition support and event participation.
For more information on the Victorian Institute of Sport's Alumni, click HERE.