Consider the following components to ensure your lunch box is nutritious and balanced:
1. A wholegrain bread or cereal, such as a wholegrain bread roll, sandwich or wrap or even some rice, pasta, quinoa or similar
2. A protein-based food eg lean meat or chicken, boiled eggs, canned fish, legumes, falafel or lentil patty
3. A dairy product such as cheese, yoghurt or milk
4. Some fresh salad or vegetables
5. A serve or two of fresh fruit
This can be presented as a basic salad roll with chicken & cheese, together with a yoghurt & fresh fruit. Or you can get creative with leftovers and salads. Perhaps some leftover roast vegetables served with canned beans and brown rice, topped with fetta cheese.
Consider planning your week lunches on a Sunday night, by preparing some salads or cooking up some extra veg and meat. Maybe even make some savoury muffins or rice paper rolls as a change from the old sanga.