VIS athletes cleaned up with 12 gold medals at the Victorian Track and Field Championships over the weekend.
It was the standout performances by Damien Birkinhead, Morgan Mitchell and Todd Hodgetts that highlighted the VIS contingent across the Championships.
Mitchell continued her stellar season form, producing her first ever sub 52 second run over the 400m distance in a time of 51.81. The blistering performance sees Mitchell now move to 20th on the all-time Australian Rankings.
After improving his world record only a matter of weeks ago, Hodgetts again improved the F20 para-athletics world record for athletes with intellectual disabilities, with a best effort of 16.59m.
And Birkinhead secured yet another Olympic qualifier with a throw of 20.68m.
Notable mentions to the following VIS athletes and their respective results across the weekend:
- Joel Baden - 1st Men’s High Jump (2.21m)
- Brooke Stratton - 1st Women’s Long Jump (6.66m)
- Isis Holt (T/F35) - 1st Women’s 100m & 1st Women’s 200m
- Richard Colman (T53) - 2nd Men’s 100m W/C & 1st Men’s 1500m W/C
- Nicholas Hum (T20) - 1st Men’s Long Jump (6.41m)
- Rhydian Cowley - 1st Men’s 5000m
- Zoe Buckman - 1st Women’s 1500m
- Brydee Moore - 1st Shot Put Secured 5.17m (79.54%)