For over 30 years the VIS has been enabling talented Victorian athletes to excel in sport and life since its inception in 1990.
To preserve, promote and celebrate our heritage and legacy of our world class athletes and staff, the VIS Alumni group was established.
The Alumni group provides current and former athletes and staff with a continued connection to the VIS and stay involved as part of the VIS family.
Why join the VIS Alumni?
We’re proud of our alumni and the contribution each past athlete and staff member have played at the VIS. You’ve been part of the VIS family and as part of the alumni community we’d like to:
- Help you stay connected in this special sporting community via social media groups and events
- Pay it forward – mentoring, networking, employment support for current athletes and fellow Alumni
- Transition support – for athletes as they enter sporting retirement and become VIS Alumni
I've signed up - what's next?
Once you’ve signed up, we encourage you to:
- Keep an eye out for regular communications about VIS stories and events for you to attend
- Attend or participate at networking and speaker engagement activities
- Contribute and submit your story about your successes post your involvement at the VIS
- Register your interest in the areas that you are most passionate about contributing to the VIS in (e.g mentoring, speaker engagements, events etc…)
Who can register to join the VIS Alumni program?
All retired VIS scholarships athletes and former employed staff who have been At the VIS since it’s inception in 1990.
What will you do with my personal registration information?
Please note that contact information will remain confidential and will be used by the Institute to communicate general Alumni and VIS information. This could include information about networking, athlete mentoring, transition support and event participation.
Recent Alumni News
Fear of the unknown: Mitch GourleyMay 20, 2022
As one door closes for long-term Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) scholarship holder Mitch Gourley who announced his retirement from an alpine skiing earlier this year, another door has opened.
The VIS celebrates National Careers WeekMay 16, 2022
Since its inception the Victorian Institute of Sport has been a leader in career development and personal excellence and is justifiably proud of its scholarship holders who have not only succeeded in sport, but also in life.