The VIS are looking for a dynamic and passionate high performance professional to join its team in the role of Lead Sports Scientist (Performance Analysis) for Team Sports. This position will be working Netball (Melbourne Vixens) and Hockey and will be primarily based at the VIS headquarters in Melbourne’s Albert Park and at the State Netball and Hockey Centre.
To be successful in this role, you should have had extensive experience working as an applied sport scientist with high performance athletes and a proven ability working within an interdisciplinary team environment. Proven experience using Sportscode and other technology platforms is essential.
The successful applicant will also need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, sound organisational and planning skills and attention to detail, and the ability to problem solve and provide solutions that will positively impact performance.
Key Accountabilities Include:
The Lead Sport Scientist (Performance Analysis) - Team Sports is responsible for applying scientific principles and thinking to the Netball (Vixens) & Hockey programs. The position is primarily aimed at achieving the following goals:
- Supporting VIS scholarship athletes improve their sporting performances
- Supporting VIS coaches to achieve their program KPI’s
- Work with VIS physical preparation and medicine staff to provide an inter-disciplinary approach to making a performance impact
You Will Bring:
- At least 2years experience working as a performance analyst within a team sport with high performance athletes.
- Demonstrated experience in match analysis (using Sports Code) and other technology platforms (such as Dartfish, Silicon Coach etc.) to have a positive impact on performance.
- Demonstrated experience of technology/GPS systems to quantify performance related metrics.
- Demonstrated experience working as a sports scientist implementing field testing and monitoring in a team sport setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team as well as the ability to work independently. Possess a high level of personal initiative and autonomy.
- Proven experience of working within an integrated/multi-disciplinary program environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with coaches and athletes in a way that converts complex sport science principles and techniques into sports language.
- Proven personal and professional skills related to dealing with athletes from widely diverse age groups and sports.
- Experience in sport science laboratory accreditation and maintenance procedures in accordance with the NSSQA program or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and the advanced use of Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word and Access. Be hands-on and multi task in the role; an ability to move effectively between strategic & operational levels
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 5.00pm, Friday 18th December.
Applicants should provide a current CV and letter of application outlining their suitability for this role, and addressing the essential criteria outlined.
Interviews to be held in early January.
If you require further information or wish to discuss your application, then call Harry Brennan on 0400 158 285
The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) is one of Australia’s elite high performance sports training and coaching organisations. Through promoting our maxim of “Success in Sport and Life” the organisation constantly strives to provide an environment in which talented athletes have the opportunity to excel in both their chosen sport and life in
general. Underpinning this dedication is a strong set of core values that promote excellence, courage, passion, community, simplicity and success amongst not only the athletes, but also the coaching and support staff equally.