The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) has an exciting opportunity for a ICT & App Technician to join our world class sports institute, headquartered in Albert Park Melbourne.
Reporting to the ICT Manager the successful applicant will be responsible for providing technical support to VIS staff across a range of sport disciplines, maintaining and developing in house applications and helping support the development of information technology at the VIS through new ideas and initiatives. The applicant will have a high level of communication and interpersonal skills (written, verbal & presentation) along with the ability to effectively interact with staff at the VIS.
The primary objective is to be the first point of contact, for providing technical support to staff at the Victorian Institute of Sport for hardware, software and network related issues.
Main responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and updating hardware and software in line with operational standards
- Developing and maintaining in house applications to support changes in business and new opportunities
- Assisting with network and server related issues
- Ensuring system access and security is maintained
- Resolving security protection alerts
- Supporting telephone and video conferencing
- Updating staff lists and directories
You will bring:
- Previous experience of at least 12 months in a similar role
- Experience with Microsoft Operating systems, Microsoft Office Applications and MAC Operating Systems (MAC OS ,Parallels)
- Knowledge and experience of managing applications using Python (Flask, Pandas) , Microsoft Graph and SQL databases
- Knowledge and experience managing network infrastructure (routers, switches, firewalls, NAS storage devices)
- Knowledge and experience managing Office365 domain MS Windows Server Operating Systems
- Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware & software
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills (written, verbal & presentation) along with the ability to effectively interact with staff
- Ability to respond to all issues in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated proactive attitude to identifying and dealing with problems and risks
- Innovation and initiative in response to client enquiries
- Strong customer service focus
Don’t miss the opportunity to apply for this position at the VIS.
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 5.00pm, on Monday 14th September.
Applicants should provide a current resume, a letter of application and address the essential/desirable qualifications, experience and skills criteria outlined in the Position Description. Applicants who fail to do so will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams most likely in early October 2020.
Enquiries regarding specific details should be directed to:
Mark Brown, P: (03) 9425 0066, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) is one of Australia’s elite high performance sports training and coaching organisations. Through promoting our maxim of “Success in Sport and Life” the organisation constantly strives to provide an environment in which talented athletes have the opportunity to excel in both their chosen sport and life in general. Underpinning this dedication is a strong set of core values that promote excellence, courage, passion, community, simplicity and success amongst not only the athletes, but also the coaching and support staff equally.