PL Adviser and AW&E Lead
Tuesday, 22 January 2019
The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) in partnership with Shooting Australia (SA) is seeking to recruit a passionate, driven and collaborative high performance professional to the position of VIS Performance Lifestyle (PL) Adviser & SA Athlete Wellbeing & Engagement Lead.
Reporting to the Performance Lifestyle Manager (VIS), the primary purpose of this specialist role is to deliver PL/AW&E services on a case by case management basis to VIS and SA athletes and staff as part of an inter-disciplinary team approach.
This full time position is responsible for providing the best practice wellbeing, career, education and lifestyle management and transition advice, to optimise VIS and SA athletes’ on and off-field performances.
This role is a joint role between the VIS and Shooting Australia with an equal split between the VIS PL and SA National Lead AW&E responsibilities. It will be based at the VIS Albert Park Headquarters and will require regular regional, interstate and potentially international travel to meet the needs of the individual athletes.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Manage and deliver Performance Lifestyle and AW&E services on a case by case management basis including; career counselling, educational advice, personal development, conduct & professionalism counselling, ‘significant others’ programs, business and community referrals, delivery of training courses, transition services, referrals to in-house Sport and Clinical Psychologist or Mental Health Referral Network
- Engage and collaborate with the appropriate VIS coaches/program/performance managers to work on identifying the performance gaps to then negotiate and deploy the necessary PL plans for both the program and the individuals within it
- Collaborate with the SA Performance Services Manager (VIS) and SA Program Coaches in identifying performance gaps to then negotiate and deploy the necessary AW&E plans for both the program and individual within it
- Implement and review policies and procedures that are aligned to the NSO AW&E Framework to support the holistic development, safety and protection of VIS and NSO athletes
- Design, facilitate, coordinate and deliver PL & AW&E workshops to address the contemporary issues faced by high performance athletes
You Will Bring
To be successful, a strong understanding of high performance sport is essential. You will be both ‘hands-on’ and strategic in a inter-disciplinary team environment. A strong emphasis will be placed on the successful applicant having the necessary interpersonal skills, a collaborative communication style and well-honed negotiation and influencing skills. Past experience in a performance services environment will be advantageous.
Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience that would support the achievement of the role purpose are essential - (E.g. Career Counselling, Counselling, Education, Health, Human Resources, Performance, Psychology, etc). You will also require a Current Driver’s License, Victorian Working with Children Check and Current Safeguarding Children Certification.
Remuneration will be commensurate with your skills and experience. To apply for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Sound like you?
Don’t miss the opportunity to grab this once-in-a-lifetime dream job.
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 5.00pm on Tuesday 5 February.
Applicants should provide a letter of application, current CV and address the essential/desirable qualifications, experience and skills criteria outlined in the Position Description. Applicants who fail to do so will not be considered.
Interviews will be scheduled for Wednesday 20 February 2019.