Performance Lifestyle (PL) Adviser
Tuesday, 22 January 2019
The Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) has an exciting new opportunity for a dynamic and passionate high performance professional to join our world class sports institute that values people, culture and excellence.
The primary purpose of this unique and challenging role is to ultimately support VIS athletes to thrive in their sporting career and beyond by providing best practice wellbeing, career, education and lifestyle management and transition advice to optimise on and off-field performances.
Based at the world class VIS headquarters in Melbourne’s Albert Park precinct, the Performance Lifestyle (PL) Adviser will be a member of the integrated inter-disciplinary Performance Lifestyle team under the management of the newly appointed Performance Lifestyle Manager.
The Performance Lifestyle Adviser will:
- Manage and deliver PL services on a case by case management basis including; career counselling, educational advice, personal development, conduct & professionalism counselling, ‘significant others’ programs, business and community referrals, delivery of training courses, transition services, referrals to in-house Sport and Clinical Psychologist or Mental Health Referral Network
- Work with National Sporting Organisations (NSO’s) to identify the Athlete Wellbeing & Engagement (AW&E) needs of athletes at their respective stages on the athletic pathway
- Engage and collaborate with the appropriate coaches/program/performance managers to work on identifying the performance gaps to then negotiate and deploy the necessary PL plans for both the program and the individuals within it
- Implement and review policies and procedures that are aligned to the NSO AW&E Framework to support the holistic development, safety and protection of VIS and NSO athletes
- Design, facilitate, coordinate and deliver PL workshops to address the contemporary issues faced by high performance athletes
You Will Bring
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong understanding of high performance sport and a proven ability to work within an integrated/multi-disciplinary team environment. A strong emphasis will be placed on the successful applicant having the necessary interpersonal skills, a collaborative communication style and well-honed negotiation and influencing skills. Past experience in a performance services environment will be advantageous.
Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience that would support the achievement of the role purpose are essential - (E.g. Career Counselling, Counselling, Education, Health, Human Resources, Performance, Psychology, etc). You will also require a Current Driver’s License, Victorian Working with Children Check and Current Safeguarding Children Certification.
Remuneration will be commensurate with your skills and experience. To apply for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Sound like you?
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 5.00pm, on Tuesday 5 February 2019.
Applicants should provide a letter of application, current CV and address the essential/desirable qualifications, experience and skills criteria outlined in the Position Description. Applicants who fail to do so will not be considered.
Interviews will be scheduled for Wednesday 20 February 2019.