Nutrition Tip | Getting back into routine
Monday, 08 January 2018
Getting back into routine and healthy habits in 2018 won’t be a challenge with a well-planned list to help with the weekly grocery shop.
Wholesome foods to pop on your 2018 Shopping List!
· Smart carbs including whole grains such as: quinoa, brown rice, grainy breads, barley, bulgur, legumes and oats.
· Colourful vegetables - zucchini, sugar snap peas, spicy leafy greens, radicchio, beetroot, capsicum, radish and heirloom tomatoes!
· Fermented foods, sauerkraut, kimchi & kombucha
· Seasonal fruits such as stone fruit and those rich in anti-oxidants including cherries, dark berries, kiwi fruits and passionfruit.
· Oily fish such as salmon & sardines or olive oil based tinned tuna.
· Palm size portions of lean red meat.
· White meats and fish including chicken, turkey, pork and barramundi.
· Pistachio’s, almonds, walnuts, sunflower & pepita seeds.
· Natural Greek yoghurt, dairy milk or calcium fortified alternatives.
· Tahini & nut butters.