Visit our facility and expose your students or employees to our "Be Fit. Be Well" program
This is your chance to visit a world class High Performance Centre and see elite Australian athletes "at work".
It's also an opportunity to immerse your students, or staff, in our "Be Fit.Be Well" program.
Our tours run for two hours.
We host more than 100 secondary and primary schools annually. Sporting clubs and corporations also visit our facility.
Let VIS elite athletes show you through the high performance and recovery areas and then choose from a variety of electives -
- nutrition- including tips from Nutrition Coordinator and Sports Dietitian Kylie Andrew
- sport science- with DVD and questionnaire
- careers-our insights into finding a job in the sports world
- sports media- enjoy our mock media conference,and discuss the media's role in sport
- sport psychology- on application
- fitness regimes- insights into athlete fitness programs
A modest amount of physical activity and testing is involved.
Visitors are also placed on a Jump Mat to measure vertical extension, leg power and "fast feet".
Touring groups are exposed to our "Be Fit.Be Well" philosophy linking physical activity and good nutrition with wellness.
VIS is situated only a few hundred metres from the Albert Park Lake picnic area and running track as well as the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre.
Challenge a Wheelchair Rugby Paralympian ?
Dual Paralympic gold medalist Josh Hose is available to take your students on a VIS Tour and then challenge them in a casual game of wheelchair rugby on our sprung floor. Josh, who lost the use of his legs in a car accident, is an inspiring speaker and a fun competitor.
A group tour costs $380 ( for groups up to 35; a surcharge applies for larger groups)